Friday, August 06, 2004

Hi ho, hi ho,...

it's off to SIGGRAPH I go...

A rite of passage that many fellow geometers have gone through: I will be hanging out with the only group of people who can hope to get both Turing awards and Academy awards (take that, C. P. Snow).

<shameless-shill-for-my-research>
I go to do God'sTuring's work: presenting some results on theoretical analyses of GPU algorithms at the GP2 workshop. If I can make it through the workshop without getting into any arguments about the value of theory, I will consider it a success.
</shameless-shill-for-my-research>

SIGGRAPH gets over 2,000 attendees; considering how we do cartwheels at SODA when we get 300 folks, I expect significant culture shock.

Update: Did I say 2,000 ? I mean 20,000. Sigh....

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear that more bloggers will be at SIGGRAPH.

    In case you didn't know, SIGGRAPH will have a blog this year: http://siggraph.blogspot.com/ and there's also a Wiki for updated information: http://www.siggraph.org/s2004/wiki

    See you in LA!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for The Geomblog