Thursday, January 25, 2007

It could be one of my students...

A posting on comp.theory:
I just started a new class recently and am in need of a good class
project.
The course is a graduate course in computational geometry.
I think I will like this course but, overall, I don't find myself too
much interested in teh material
I figure a good project will help motivate me through the course and,
well, a project is required anyway! :)
My main interests are in number theory and cryptography.
Any suggestions for a nice little project that could be done in the
span of several weeks by a beginning graduate student? The idea could
either be theoretical or an implementation in code or perhaps a bit of
both.
I have to ask: how does this person know they will like the course if they are not interested in the material ?
Post a Comment

Disqus for The Geomblog