Sunday, June 21, 2009

Quick hits

  • If you limit yourself to actually reading one Terry Tao post each week (I'm told this frequency prevents brain explosion), then read this one.
  • Joachim Gudmundsson wants to remind you that jausage is much taster than sausage. Oh yes, and JoCG is open for submissions.
  • Get those SODA papers in (but not too many, I have work to do !)
  • I kid, I kid....
  • I wanted to spend more time talking about Robert Lang's talk on origami. It had deliciously beautiful pictures, and some even more juicy mathematics, and he pitched it at JUST the right level. No slides available, alas.
  • Lecture notes on streaming from a workshop in Barbados...
  • I had to explain to someone that Denmark is not a city in Sweden. And this after watching the Denmark-Sweden world cup qualifying game in a bar with a hundred roaring Danes, and feeling like I had been transported to a Viking battlefield.
And because I can't help myself, "SKÅL"

1 comment:

  1. See Robert Lang's inspiring TED talk (18min) which has a similar flavor.
    www.ted.com/talks/robert_lang_folds_way_new_origami.html

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for The Geomblog