Monday, October 08, 2012

On why I'm excited about "big data"

I was in Aarhus recently for a MADALGO workshop on large-scale parallel and distributed models, where I did a sequence of lectures on GPU algorithms. I was briefly interviewed by a university reporter for an article, and did a little video on why I think big data/big iron problems are interesting.

At the risk of embarrassing myself even more than I usually do, here's the video. Note that this was recorded at a time of great crisis across the globe, when all hair styling products had mysteriously disappeared for a few days.


2 comments:

  1. Nice! But you forgot about the obligatory "crazy scientist look". Although the hair takes you halfway there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there any plans to make slides from the summer school available?

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for The Geomblog